This list of hair products that are acne safe was compiled by another Acne Specialist. Use it with caution. Remember, companies change their ingredients often if they find CHEAPER ingredients.
What does hair products have to do with acne breakouts? Plenty!
In the shower, pore-clogging ingredients can run down your face (creating a traffic jam of pimples around your hairline), into your ears (yes, that’s how inside ear blackheads happen) and down your chest and back creating unwanted pimples.
The name of the game is prevention!
Hair products can also transfer to your hats, helmets, and bedding. If products contain pore-clogging ingredients, they will aggravate acne.
Please note, manufacturers can and do change ingredient decks.
- AG Hair Cosmetics Moisture Shine Fast Food Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Batiste Dry Shampoo “Blush”
- Chi Magnified Volume Shampoo
- Enjoy Sulfate-Free Luxury Shampoo
- JOICO Color Endure Shampoo Sulfate-Free
- Kirkland Signature Professional Salon Formula Moisture Shampoo
- L’Oreal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System Smooth Shampoo ONLY!
- Malibu C Un Do Goo Clarifying Shampoo
- Malibu Scalp Wellness Shampoo
- Neil George Refresh Dry Shampoo (Only found on Amazon)
PROBLEM SCALP SHAMPOO
- JOICO Color Endure Conditioner Sulfate-Free
- Malibu Scalp Wellness Conditioner
- Malibu C Leave-in Conditioner Mist
- Wella “Elements” Daily Renewing Conditioner
TWO IN ONE
- TRESemme Tres Gel Mega Sculpting 5 Gel
- American Crew Hold Styling Gel
- 2Chic Tangerine & Papaya butter Ultra-Volume Amplifying Styling Gel
- Paul Mitchell FIRMstyle Freeze and Shine Super Spray (Finishing Hair Spray)
- Paul Mitchell Worked Up (Working Spray)
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion (Root Volume)