Boy, this is one of the most impossible skin problems to treat. This heavy wrinkling of the facial skin is caused by the drastic lose collagen. The reduction of collagen can start at the age of 20. That is depressing! By the age of 40, 20% of the skin density is GONE!. Taking care of your skin BEFORE you find your skin like this is important. Here are a few steps you can take to prevent your skin from glycation.
- Eat all good fats. Good fats in your diet help promote collagen production. Salmon, nuts, avocado, olive oil. Eat them often in your weekly diet.
- STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR! When you introduce sugar into your diet, it binds with the collagen in your skin and body. The collagen is damaged over time and is lost. Wrinkles, fine lines appear and sad to say, with this kind of collagen loss, you can’t get smooth skin back. Think of it this way. If you take a piece of paper and ball it up. Then you try to smooth it out, do all the creases come out of the paper? Nope. Your skin is the same way! So, STOP THE SUGAR. Fuel your body with healthy protein. Your skin needs it and so do you.
- So, what can you do to stop this extreme damage to your skin? Lordy, people sunscreen every single day even when you live under a rock! And if you are going to be outside a lot, apply that sunscreen every 2 hours.
- Retinoids. Topical Vitamin A is an amazing product! It is called the golden lady because it does so much for the skin: plumps fin line and wrinkles and help keep you collagen from breaking down. Do it daily at night since it will make your skin very sun sensitive. Start in your 20’s and continue to use it faithfully.
- Peptide topically from a good peptide company should be used daily. You need peptides already recognized by the skin so they will be used by the skin. Peptides help build collagen! Collagen is the key to healthy skin at any age.
Using retinoids, sunscreen and corrective peptides can help your skin from losing collagen. But to avoid Glycation, you must stop the sugar in your diet! Once the extreme lose of collagen occurs, there is very little you can do to improve your skin.