Most physical activity will cause sweating. Although sweating doesn’t cause acne it can definitely accelerate the growth of more bacteria and pimples if not handled correctly. Here are five tips we suggest you follow to help keep breakouts in check:
1. Wipe the sweat off immediately after physical activity. Use your toner pads to remove the sweat on your face, neck and behind the ears. We suggest keeping these items in your gym bag or car for quick accessibility.2.
2. Shower off body sweat immediately after going home. Of course, if a shower isn’t available wiping down your body with toner pads is the next best thing.
3. Wash your gym supplies after every use. Make sure you are washing your gym towel, yoga mats and gloves after each use. Also, wipe your machine with a sanitary wipe before and after your workout.
4. Don’t touch or pick at your face or body especially if you are working out at a gym. You’re most likely touching weights, dumbbells, machines that aren’t sanitized at the gym.
5. Keep your hands off your face or any active acne since that can/will help avoid introducing staph bacteria into your skin.
6. Wear breathable clothing. If you like to wear tight-fitting clothing while working out, you might run into the issue of your sweat causing skin irritation under the arms, groin, chest and back. Try to avoid staying in sweaty clothing after your workouts, Shower thoroughly.
If you need more helpful hints about taking care of your acne while working out, come in for a consultation. Use the BookNow button on the page or call Robyn at 303.710.7832.
Want to see if your skin care products have pore cloggers in them? Sign up for a FREE list of Pore Clogging ingredients! Click here.
"My son struggled with severe acne. NOTHING worked. We took him to see Robyn and she cleared him up in a couple of months. We are so fortunate to have found her. She knows her stuff. Results are amazing!" ~ Evelyn