Acne and Hair Products
Do you suffer pimples that pop up along your hairline or forehead? Hair gel, mousse, pomade, wax, hair spray and smoothing cream are very common culprits. There is actually a name for the kind of Acneâ€¦â€pomade acneâ€. It was first reported in the 1970â€™s when these products really started to be used. Many of these products will and do cause Acne.
Hair product dos and donâ€™ts
- Avoid getting these products on the skin. If you do, make sure you wash it off quickly.
- Use hair products made from water or glycerin rather than from oil or petrolatum. Look for the label â€œ noncomedogenicâ€ but READ THE INGREDIENT LIST. Companies like Lâ€™oreal lie like a rug.
- Wash your hands after applying your hair products so they will not be transferred to your skin.
- Wash your skin thoroughly to remove all hair product residue.
- Do NOT use two-in-one shampoos and conditioners. These are thick, rich mixtures and can cause breakouts.
- Donâ€™t use styling products if youâ€™ll be exercising or sweating. The product will end up on your skin.
- Keep your hair off your face as much as possible.
- When working out, pull your hair back off your skin
- Caps, hats, visors or headbandsâ€¦wear them ONLY if you must for your work. Keep Â them clean.
Follow these simple lifestyle changes for your skinâ€™s sake.
If you want more information about your Acne, book an Acne consultation with Â me and lets talk. Click this BookNow button now. You can also call 303.710.7832. See you soon.