Do you suffer pimples that pop up along your hairline or forehead? Hair gel, mousse, pomade, wax, hair spray and smoothing cream are very common culprits. There is actually a name for this kind of Acne Pomade Acne. It was first reported in1970 when these products really started to be used. Many of these products will and do cause Acne.
Hair product do and don’ts:
- Avoid getting these products on the skin. If you do, make sure you wash it off quickly.
- Use hair products made from water or glycerin rather than from oil or petrolatum. Look on the label for noncomedogenic but READ THE INGREDIENT LIST. Companies like L’Oreal lie like a rug.
- Wash your hands after applying your hair products so they will not be transferred to your skin.
- Wash your skin thoroughly to remove all hair product residue.
- Do NOT use two-in-one shampoos and conditioners. These are thick, rich mixtures and can cause breakouts.
- Don’t use styling products if you’ll be exercising or sweating. The products will end up on your skin.
- Keep your hair off your face as much as possible.
- When working out, pull your hair back off your skin
- Caps, hats, visors or headbands, wear them ONLY if you must for your work. Keep them clean.
Follow these simple lifestyle changes for your skin’s sake.
I just recently found a great acne safe hair product line. They are expensive but they last for months and there are so many options to choose from for all kind of hair. I use them myself. Here is the link:
If you want more information about your Acne, book an Acne consultation with me and let’s talk.
Click this BookNow button now at the top of this page. You can also call 303.710.7832. See you soon.